When Abby was born I KNEW I was homeschooling. By the time she was 4 I was fence sitting, but definitely leaning towards public school. Currently (financial strains will change this) they go to private school. My decisions have wavered every year. But I know in my heart I would harm my eldest child if I was with her all day. We have issues. I'm glad to see that not every one who homeschools is like the Duggar family (do you know who they are -17 kids and one more on the way?). It makes me feel like I'm not doing them such a disservice.
Private school here is $700 a month just for Justina. Theres times I wish I could afford it but last year Justina took her state tests and did really good, except for math, so I felt pretty good about it. Now were really working on her math. To me its a matter of knowing what my child is taught. I have control of it. In public schools she would be bombarded with things that Paul and of course dont agree with. From Evolution to even accepting homosexual lifestyles. Those are things we want to teach her from a biblical view! Have you seen any of those children books at the library about 2 mothers or 2 fathers? Homeschooling is very hard and wearing but its a commitment thats well worth it:) You would do a lot better than you think (better than public for sure)!
When Abby was born I KNEW I was homeschooling. By the time she was 4 I was fence sitting, but definitely leaning towards public school. Currently (financial strains will change this) they go to private school. My decisions have wavered every year. But I know in my heart I would harm my eldest child if I was with her all day. We have issues. I'm glad to see that not every one who homeschools is like the Duggar family (do you know who they are -17 kids and one more on the way?). It makes me feel like I'm not doing them such a disservice.
ReplyDeletePrivate school here is $700 a month just for Justina. Theres times I wish I could afford it but last year Justina took her state tests and did really good, except for math, so I felt pretty good about it. Now were really working on her math. To me its a matter of knowing what my child is taught. I have control of it. In public schools she would be bombarded with things that Paul and of course dont agree with. From Evolution to even accepting homosexual lifestyles. Those are things we want to teach her from a biblical view! Have you seen any of those children books at the library about 2 mothers or 2 fathers? Homeschooling is very hard and wearing but its a commitment thats well worth it:) You would do a lot better than you think (better than public for sure)!
ReplyDelete