Monday, August 3, 2009

Hi my name is Carmell...

And Im a recovering coffeeholic. Its been 7 days since my last latte. This is the part where you say "Hi Carmell" and applaud me for my self discipline:)
Yes thats right, 7 days!! Some of you may not know just how bad my coffee addiction is/was, I will give an example. About 5 months ago I decided to get some hormonal issues taken care of, this is due to extreme mood changes and about a dozen other things we wont get into right now. Soooo he decided I needed a few different tests done one of them being an adrenal gland test. This test is a one day test requiring you to put cotton in your mouth until soaked 4 times through out the day. There is a glitch...you must not have caffeine for that "one" day. Long story short I still have not done this test! One day is to much for this girl to live without some form of caffeine. This last 7 days I have been drinking this nice healthy green tea thing to uhm help me transition into life without coffee, red bulls and rock stars. It has taken the edge off a little. The first day felt horrible!!! Major headaches, nausea and I was extremely tired and moody. I actually felt as if I should be in some locked padded room in a drug rehabilitation place. I was this / / close to foaming at the mouth I tell you. I have been for the most part worthless but Im staring to feel better and do a little more around the house. My mind actually is getting more clear, less cluttered feeling which is nice for a change. However Ive replaced coffee with food dang it. Im gradually gaining back that weight I worked so hard to get off. But hey one thing at a time...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carmell! Way to go on breaking your addiction. Never could stand the smell of the stuff anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Isn't it great to know that you have the willpower and the strength to follow through with a resolve that may be unpleasant to begin with, but that can have great rewards. Must really make you feel good when you think about what you can accomplish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, Walt is sure wordy on YOUR blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're Walt's favorite. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can post a comment!!!