Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just a blurb...

Well its I been awhile since I last posted so I thought I better come up with somethn. Nothing to exciting has happened but Im happy to say that May has felt like the summer we missed last year. Lots of sunshine!!! I just hope the rest will be the same.

Justina is the only 10 year old that has NOT finished school, poor thing. This was my fault:( We still have a couple weeks left. Im being pretty flexible though. The kids have been staying up late due to the midnight sun and then sleeping in really late. Mercy got up at 11:15 today and Justina not much earlier. So school has been starting at noon lately.

We have enjoyed many walks and bike rides as we live next to a great bike trail. I was hoping to do some cool hikes this year but it will really depend on how big of a gun I can shoot and how many people are with me. Ive made the mistake of reading a book called bear tales. If you plan on coming up here do NOT read this book. You may change your mind after reading about people being eaten by black bears and having brown bears shake people around by their head with their scalps torn off. Ughhh. Ok those stories are really old, but just last year we had quite a few bear attacks (most due to people being complete morons) and one girl who was walking only a few hundred yards from the princess lodge in Cooperlanding. Her scalp was torn off but she did live. Im not gonna let this deter me from enjoying some amazing scenery, well maybe a little. Im not even sure why the heck on going on about this.

Were getting ready to go do some serious hardcare camping in the motorhome. I hope I dont forget the DVD player:) We will be fishing for king salmon in Homer and on the Anchor River. Eventually we want to do a long roadtrip up towards Denali and camp and fish along the way.

Well thats all Ive got for now...

1 comment:

  1. "hardcore camping" and "motorhome" in the same sentence. LOL. I have had an deep respect and natural fear of bears since I was in high school and my dad asked me to chase one down to get a good picture of it. Maybe you should wear a cow bell when you're out--don't they tell you to make yourself known so as not to surprise the bear?

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can post a comment!!!