Friday, February 11, 2011

Catching up...

   Well obviously Im not finishing the 30 day post challenge.  I couldn't bring myself to list songs off my Ipod as that would require far to much effort and the fact is I dont care whats on my ipod so I dont feel like posting it.  So I quit.

  I realize I have not posted anything for a loooooong time, and being that there are a few people out there who may still visit my blog I feel I need to update things:)

   Justina is no longer in school, I believe she was there for about 6 or 7 weeks before I took her out.  I thought school would push her into caring more about grades and just doing well in general but I was dead wrong.  Justina is not competitive when it comes to academics.  She said and I quote, "I only got half the questions wrong.".  I guess I never cared to compete academically either, I was more into the extra curricular activities and tried to maintain that c average in order to stay in drama, sports etc..  And the whole boyfriend, girlfriend thing let me tell you...horrible.  They all had BFs and GFs, cheeez their little kids.  But worst of all was that homework stuff, Ugghhhh.  Who wants to go to school for 7 hours and come home and do homework!!!  I think its stupid!!  7 hours is plenty of time to get things done.  So I decided to go back to homeschooling her and Im glad I did and most of the time so is she.  She was always exhausted after school.  Now she is actually doing quite well and seems to appreciate what homeschooling has to offer.  Some days I wake up to find her already working on her school!!  She hated math but we found a curriculum that she really likes and she went from mostly D's to almost all A's and a few B's!!  Im very proud of her lately for not complaining and getting her schoolwork done.  Its nice to see improvement:) 

 As for little Mercy Moo, she loves math and is doing very well.  Shes a good reader and like her dad enjoys reading.  However she still whines waaay to much about pretty much everything so we have things to work on:)

 Both the girls are now in Karate.  Mercy LOOOOVES it and Justina well shes hanging in there.  Justina loves skating, putting on the pretty dresses, earrings, eyeshadow, glitter and all that girls stuff.  Karate kinda cramps her style. Justina still does private skating lessons along with karate.  This was not what I intended!!!  I intended to get away from ice skating, its very expensive and Im not fond of the outfits among other things!  Its hard as I know Justina has worked hard to get where shes at.  So for now we have 2 days of skating and 4 days of karate. 
 
Paul is doing well after his last surgery.  Hes still up to his same old tricks though.  This week I believe he applied for jobs in Ontario, Canada and Georgia, oh yeah and North Carolina.  This is a typical week for him.  It drives me crazy!!!  He likes his job and appreciates working here for GCI so I dont understand his logic in applying for jobs all over the stinkn place.  He exhausts me as much as the kids.  And could someone please tell him to pick up his clothes and put them in the hamper that I purposely put on his side of the bed!
 
   As for me, Im hanging in there.  I almost signed up for karate lessons myself, and then reality set in so I didnt.  Ive been asked to play ladies hockey and think that would actually be a lot of fun but again,  reality.  What I mean by that, is, Im a mom, wife, homemaker and schoolteacher.  My family needs me and depends on me to be those things and Im 100% ok actually more like blessed with that because its what God has called me to be and do right now.  Anything on top of those things will inevitably take away from them.  Also when I say "reality" I dont mean that in a negative way. Reality is a good thing:}

   Heres a few picks...
















  
  
 

1 comment:

  1. We are on the brink of tae kwon do or karate lessons for the 3 oldest. They all have been begging me but I'm slow to find out information. Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can post a comment!!!