Wednesday, September 15, 2010
A night away...
Im sooooo excited to have a night away with my hubby that Im posting this like 2 weeks before we even go!!! Paul and I have been here in Alaska for 3 and a half years and Im racking my brain to figure out when was the last time we had a night and day without the kids. I think weve had one but I dont remeber so maybe not(?). We have gone out several times to dinner and when I say several I mean probably 10 times in 3 years! I love my children but a little romance and time away would be wonderful once in awhile:) As much as I would LOVE to go to whistler financial circumstances has led us to Girdwood which is 2 hours away. We will be enjoying all day and night Friday Oct 1st an Octoberfest festival being held there at Alyeska Hotel and Spa/ski resort. Good food and live music:) The place is beautiful!!! Saturday we plan on enjoying a buffet breakfast and a little shopping in Anchorage after we sleep in of course and then back to Girdwood to dine at a place that the Food Network labels one of the top 10 places to eat in America, the Double Muskey. We have always wanted to go but they do not accept reservations and weve pulled up the parking lot has alway been full. So this time we are going to be there at 4:30 when the doors open! o technically Paul and I have 2 days and a night as we will not be home till late Sat evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




wow, it's crazy how beautiful it is there. looks like Switzerland!
ReplyDelete