So today was the big day. Walmart Superstore officially opened in our wonderful little city:) I had to go to the opening ceremony to see the frenzy of it all. After picking up my latte and Mcdonalds breakfast I headed over to the grand opening of Walmart Supercenter. Doesnt that sound so American...Coffee, McDonalds and Walmart. When I arrived and walked towards the fuss I was startled by gunshots, apparently part of the ordeal. I made my way inside pushing and shoving my way into what I hoped would be a descent spot for picture taking, but no such luck. I could here what was going on but I couldnt really see. Our highschool choir sang the national anthem, quite fitting considering we are standing in a store stuffed with "made in China" merchandise:) Then came the prayer, I so wish I would of recorded it so I could remeber all the funny things this guy was praying about and for. I do remember he started out saying, "Lord we know that all good and perfect gifts come from you, and we thank you for this gift of Walmart..." Wow so Walmart is a gift from God!!!! He went on to pray for the employees that would come here day after day, that they would be blessed and find Walmart to be a wonderful and fulfilling place of employment. I wish I could remember the rest.
Once we were released to begin a new shopping journey, I was off. I was the second person to make it to electronics, only to find that they did not have a karaoke machine for Justinas B-Day:( Oh well, I walked around and looked at prices, bought a couple cheap movies and visited with a couple people I bumped into. My first purchase at this grand event: 2 Rockstars and 2 $5 movies. Because they have like 30+ checkout stands in this 210,000 square foot mega store, I didnt have to stand in line. The prices were not a whole lot lower than our trusty fredmeyer store but they did have more of a selection, wider isles, bigger deli and bakery by far, and a Subway. If I could pick one more thing they should of put in their store I would have to say Starbucks. That would of really sealed the deal for me. Well, maybe not, they really did not have much of a selection of Organics. That is the most important thing for me and the reason why they will not own me entirely:)
Once we were released to begin a new shopping journey, I was off. I was the second person to make it to electronics, only to find that they did not have a karaoke machine for Justinas B-Day:( Oh well, I walked around and looked at prices, bought a couple cheap movies and visited with a couple people I bumped into. My first purchase at this grand event: 2 Rockstars and 2 $5 movies. Because they have like 30+ checkout stands in this 210,000 square foot mega store, I didnt have to stand in line. The prices were not a whole lot lower than our trusty fredmeyer store but they did have more of a selection, wider isles, bigger deli and bakery by far, and a Subway. If I could pick one more thing they should of put in their store I would have to say Starbucks. That would of really sealed the deal for me. Well, maybe not, they really did not have much of a selection of Organics. That is the most important thing for me and the reason why they will not own me entirely:)
This is I guess is the "walmart store brand", Great Value. I thought the store brand boxes and cans ruined the displays. Look how ugly the labels are. I would never buy somthing with such a ugly label. When I looked at them it reminded of some discount store in the ghetto that sells expired goods. There like gleeming white and stick out like a sore thumb. 


No comments:
Post a Comment
Anyone can post a comment!!!