Thursday, November 26, 2009

All about Paul...

OK, so Walt calls the other night and asks Paul how things are going and if he has had his surgery yet.  He goes on to say that he reads our blog all the time and never sees anything about him, at least this is what Paul told me.  I felt really bad but Walt its not my fault.  Paul tells me not to talk about him on the blog, at least nothing medical or real personal.  I told Paul that from now on Im going to post about everybody in this family, after all it is the Barlow Family Blog. 

To start Ill say that in the last 5 or 6 weeks Ive hardly seen him.  First Paul had to take a full week trip to Kodiak (Sun to Sun) for work.  This was shortly after we had spent a week in kodiak all together.  Then he had to go to fairbanks for awhile, then Anchorage, then Fairbanks again, then Juneau, then Ketchikan, then Fairbanks again.  Uhhhhhhh he has been worked hard and spread thin but is enjoying a little time off for now.  He does have to go to fairbanks again sometime soon and probably some other places. 

Next I will talk about surgery.  Paul has had bad stomach problems for a long time and found out not to long ago that his flipper  or valve thing between the stomach and the esophogus does not open and close properly.  They recomended surgery.  He is doing a new not so invasive surgery that would require specialist to be flown in to evaluate the doctor who is doing this.  He will be the first on the peninsula to have this done.  He is tentavly scheduled for Dec 7th.  We really hope this helps him as he needs to get off the perscription nexium that is only causing worse problems.  He will basically have to eat baby food for 2 weeks, no fruits, nothing tomatoe based among a long list of dont eats.  He cannot lift anything over 5 pounds which will really prove to be difficult for him durring work.  I will be watching him like a hawk! 

Thats whats going on in the life of Paul for now, but I will keep you posted from now on:) 

Does anyone else have a problem not finding the spell check when their posting????  It drives me nuts
s knowing how many words I misspelled!

4 comments:

  1. Right-click in your text box and make sure Check Spelling is checked. Then it should spell-check automatically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you learn something new about your siblings all the time :) Hope the surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blah, blah, paul, blah, blah, blah! I want hear about my cute neices not him. Just kidding. I didn't even know he was having problems or surgery. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update on Paul. Now, what about heifer?

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can post a comment!!!